I am a fifth-year Ph.D. student at Rice University. I am working under the guidance of Ashok Veeraraghavan in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. My current research topic is Deep imaging: optimizing computational imaging systems using deep learning. The key idea is to design task-specific imaging systems using end-to-end-learning frameworks which jointly optimize optics and algorithms.
- [08/2019] Code for PhaseCam3D is released at GitHub. You are welcome to play with it!
- [06/2019] I will present my PhaseCam3D and WISH projects in CVPR CCD2019 workshop. Please stop by if you are interested.
- [05/2019] PhaseCam3D got the Best Poster Award at ICCP 2019!
- [03/2019] Visit Prof. Oliver Cossairt‘s group at Northwestern University for a collaborative project.
- [03/2019] One paper accepted by Nature Light: Science & Applications.
- [02/2019] One paper accepted by ICCP 2019. Tokyo, we are coming!
- [10/2018] I received the 2018/2019 Oil & Gas HPC Conference Graduate fellowship.
- [09/2018] I received Robertson Finley Travel Award.
- [04/2018] I successfully defended my Master thesis: Phase Retrieval Methods to Improve Spatial Resolution of Long-Distance Imaging.
- [05/2017 – 08/2017] Intern at Microsoft Research! Work on cool Augmented Reality (AR) projects with Dr. Brian Guenter in the Interactive Media Group.
- [04/2017] My Fourier Ptychogrphy project cooperating with Jason is published in Science Advances today!
PhaseCam3D — Learning Phase Masks for Passive Single View Depth Estimation
Wu, Y., Boominathan, V., Chen, H., Sankaranarayanan, A., Veeraraghavan, A.
IEEE International Conference on Computational Photography (ICCP) 2019 (Oral)
(Best Poster Award)
[paper] [supp] [poster] [project details] [code]
SAVI: Synthetic Apertures for Long-Range, Sub-Diffraction Limited Visible Imaging Using Fourier Ptychography
Holloway, J., Wu, Y., Sharma, M.K., Cossairt, O., Veeraraghavan, A.
Science Advances (2017)
[paper] [project details] [Rice News][Phys.org] [Futurity]
Improvements of measuring the width of Fraunhofer diffraction fringes using Fourier transform
Wu, Y., Ma, J., Yang, Y., Sun, P.
Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics (2015)
Controlling the wave propagation through the medium designed by linear coordinate transformation
Wu, Y., He, C., Wang, Y., Liu, X., Zhou, J.
European Journal of Physics (2014)